Friday, April 03, 2009

My Studio

Whenever I meet a quilter I always wonder where she creates and what her studio looks like, so I thought I would share mine with you! We recently moved from an apartment that we had lived in for 14 years to our current location. I am thrilled because now my studio is more than twice as big, with floor to ceiling windows, so I get lots of light and have a lot more space. It's a little messy at the moment with fabrics pulled for my fifth book that I am starting work on, fabric that has not been pressed, fabrics that won't fit in my stash, etc. etc. but I love being surrounded by all that inspiration. The tall cabinet in the far right corner holds 3 rods at varying heights over which I drape quilts. There are probably over 60 quilts in there (lots more are stored in my office). To the left, bookcases hold reference books and miscellaneous goodies. My cutting table is in front of the window, at waist height, where I have lots of light, a great view over the tunnel on Airport Road, the Cultural Foundation and the old Fort. Under the table in the foreground is where I store all my batting.

No comments: